Company: VIEO Design, LLC
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posting Date: 5/29/19
Our online application form is at the bottom of this page, but first, here's the scoop...
VIEO Design is looking for a Content Marketing Specialist to join our Knoxville team. We’re an award-winning web design and inbound marketing agency with a reputation for industry expertise and exceptional customer care. We're also a tightly-knit team of digital natives who enjoy pun-based parties, pictures of food suspended in JELLO, and encouraging each other to make questionable fashion choices.
This position is focused on clever, convincing, and compelling copywriting for a wide range of digital and traditional marketing services. Our ideal candidate will be passionate about digital marketing, have exceptional communication and collaboration skills, as well as a peerless talent—either natural or stolen from a secret government lab—for sniffing out the perfect GIF. The person we choose will need to have a solid understanding of inbound marketing principles, understand how to focus on buyer personas when creating content, understand how to map content to the buyer's journey, and know how to write using on-page SEO tactics. You should also have a personality that thrives in a dynamic and constantly changing work environment that, more than occasionally, also contains a charming dog that tries to catch sunbeams in her mouth.
We realize that’s still pretty vague, so here’s a more detailed overview.
In This Position, You Will:
- Join an amazing team of designers, strategists, writers, developers, makers, gamers, and shameless dorks
- Write interesting copy that transforms even "boring" topics into something educational, useful, and interesting
- Execute industry and VIEO best practices when creating content for digital and traditional marketing including website pages, blog posts, social media posts, email marketing, and print-related projects
- Adopt different company voices in long-form copy and social media posts
- Collaborate with in-house experts including project managers, designers, and strategists (key to success: food bribes)
- Catch miistakes. For realz.
- Edit work (your own and others) for tone, style, narrative arc, and logical structure as well as for typos
- Ensure that all deliverables meet deadlines, goals, and quality standards
- Keep a cool head when someone says "supposively"
- Care about the data
- Grasp why we don't use two spaces between sentences
- Be pro-Oxford comma
- Contribute to VIEO’s social media presence, both by publishing posts and participating in videos, photos, GIFs, etc.
- Participate in team training, work events, and team activities and be a committed part of our team, which requires humor, flexibility, and a healthy sense of fun
- Continually follow industry best practices and breaking news to ensure that we stay on top of emerging trends
- Continually and proactively bring new ideas, strategies, process improvements, and proposals to our team members and company owners
Experience & Skills Required
Education & Professional Experience
- BS/BA degree from an accredited college or university required, preferably in a related field
- 3+ years professional writing experience such as in journalism, publishing, copywriting, or marketing communications
- Experience writing for the web
- HubSpot Inbound Certification preferred (free to take)
- Google Analytics Certification a plus
Skills and Strengths Required
- Expert writing and editing skills
- Strong verbal communication skills for engagement with clients and teammates
- Demonstrated experience copywriting and formatting effective content related to digital and traditional marketing, including:
- SEO copywriting for website pages and blog posts
- Email campaigns and lead nurturing automation
- PPC ads
- Social media posts
- Short form video
- Press releases
- Printed marketing materials
- Experience with social media use for business
- Knowledge of web copy best practices and principles
- Ability to successfully organize, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks and/or projects in a deadline-driven environment
- A passion for delighting customers and providing tangible ROI
- Proven ability for self-direction and strategic thinking
- Strong attention to detail
Technical Skills & Experience Required and/or Preferred
- Strong technical background with advanced computer skills including proficiency with common business applications like Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Dropbox, Google Docs, and Google Sheets
WordPress and/or HubSpot CMS knowledge
- An understanding of search engine optimization
- Experience with time tracking and project management software preferred
VIEO Design Offers:
- A creative and fun work environment including pun-themed festivities (for example: Grill Smith, NintenDON'T Stop Me Now, and Party Gras)
- Ongoing professional development and training opportunities
- Competitive salary and opportunities for referral bonuses
- Enjoyable benefits including 19+ days of paid time off (to start) and participation in our group insurance plan
If this sounds like you, apply today using the online application form!
If it isn't you, but sounds like someone you know, please share this page!